Work with us
Yesse Technologies has an open position for:
Scientist - Animal Development Person
Yesse Technologies (formerly known as MouSensor) is a privately held, early-stage biotech company building a technology platform that harnesses the biology of The Nose merged with cutting-edge nanotechnology. The Company’s mission is to decode the sense of smell and to unlock the power of a new field, Odoromics, disrupting Flavor & Fragrance R&D pipelines and enabling odor-based disease diagnostics.
Scientist – Animal Development
The ideal candidate is a skilled scientist who executes experimental plans and creates data packages that advances The Company’s product development. You will assist senior personnel to generate and validate a large transgenic animal colony, leveraging our proprietary ORion21™ platform. You are detail-oriented, self-motivated and are accommodating to the needs of the team. You have experience managing animal breeding and maintenance and have performed mouse/ rat dissections. You are an independent thinker who takes initiative and excels in a collaborative environment.
- Manage several transgenic mouse colony pipelines, including breeding and genotyping
- Dissect mouse brains and prepare tissue for analysis
- Perform fluorescent microscope imaging experiments and fluorescent based immunohistochemistry
- Manage tissue sample inventory and coordinate sample shipments
- Develop standard operating procedure towards automation
- Coordinate and schedule experimental plans with the team and animal facility
- Resolve workflow issues with the team in a timely and collaborative fashion
- Organize captured data and update colony database online to ensure accurate recordkeeping
- Attend weekly meetings to present, discuss and evaluate current projects and literature
Requirements and Qualifications
- MS in biology/biochemistry
- >5 years of research experience in molecular biology and/or neurobiology
- Animal handling experience is a MUST
- Animal dissection ability is a MUST
- Knowledge of brain anatomy is a plus
- Project management skills are a definite plus
- Familiarity with web-based applications, Microsoft (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), and data analysis software (e.g. GraphPad PRISM)
- Excellent organization, communication, time-management, and record-keeping skills
- Ability to learn and work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- An entrepreneurial spirit that wants to move our company forward
Yesse Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. It is part of our culture to create an inclusive environment in attracting talented employees from all walks of life. This applies to all employees or applicants for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Interested applicants, please contact us before August 31st, 2019, at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, references, and cover letter that tells us how you can make a difference in our team.